When we say the word Artificial Intelligence, the first thing that many people think of is robots taking over the world like how they show in movies. Well, the reality is not much different. Except for the fact that AI is emerging around the world but for all good reasons. From manufacturing to construction, multiple industries have opted for AI and robots to carry out their day-to-day activities. Did you know that Google, Amazon, Netflix, BMW, and many more of the world’s most popular companies use AI in their everyday functioning? How interesting is that! According to a recent survey, around 72% of Business Leaders look at AI as a potential investment that can enhance their business and take it to the next level. It’s for all the right reasons too. The accuracy and speed of an AI-based program are much better than any manual process thus saving your time and efforts. And in today’s world, time equals money.
Now, let’s talk about which industry can avail the benefits of AI the most. While almost every industry can make significant use of it, Marketing seems to prefer using AI quite a lot. AI-based Digital Marketing has taken place in the last few years. Many work categories that come under Digital Marketing have opted for AI and they have been much more than satisfactory. Let’s shed some light on the role of AI in Digital Marketing.
Here are the top 5 ways of how AI is creating a positive and productive impact in the field of online marketing:
1) ChatBots: While they might look like just a tiny display icon on the corner of your website, chatbots can be extremely useful for your business. They act as real-time support providers for your audience. Here’s how they can help you grow and become your audience’s first choice. These AI chatbots are given commands to respond to any customer’s query. This means rather than the customer scrolling through the entire FAQ section, he can just resolve his query with the help of these assistants. Now, imagine you own an E-commerce website. You have a few potential customers going through your website to make a purchase but they have some doubts about a certain thing. Let’s assume the customer wants to know about various payment gateways. So, rather than going through each web page to find the FAQ section, he can just type his concern in the chatbox and the AI will answer it within the next second. An immediate response can lead to an assured conversion.
2) Email Marketing: Not only AI executes tasks with accuracy, but also helps in observing the pattern of online customers. When you deploy AI to do your job on an online platform, they observe the behavior of every user. They analyze which user is likely to spend on which product and what are the chances of them purchasing it. They also are thorough with their interests, demographics, and psychographics. Hence, be it displaying an ad or showcasing a product, AI-based Digital Marketing will make sure to filter out and show the most relevant content. For example, let’s assume you’re a fan of Denim Jackets. Now think you’re receiving emails about the latest, bestsellers, and the trendiest Denim Jackets now and then based on your choices and preferences. Wouldn’t you be inclined towards it? Any user that receives emails about his or her interests will most likely open the email and go through it. That’s the role of AI in digital marketing.
3) Social Media Analysis: AI does extensive research of various social media platforms regarding what various accounts are talking about. Whatever is posted and commented on Social Media is observed by AI to understand the likes and dislikes of the users. Let’s take an example here. For instance, Netflix released a new movie. People on social media are most likely to talk about it by liking its posts, sharing them, or commenting on what they think of the movie. Here’s when AI-based digital marketing comes into the picture. It will analyze the behaviors and views of the audience regarding that movie and will push the content accordingly. Let’s say if the movie is receiving lots of praise and positive response from the users, the AI will make a report of it and show the data so that the promotions can be planned suitably.
4) User Experience: As some people say ‘The users don’t buy the product, they buy the experience’ which is 100% valid. AI has made user experience so easy and convenient that before buying the product, a customer knows what its experience will be like. A prime example of this is the Virtual Trial by Lenskart. If you go back 10 years in the past and tell people that there’s a portal that creates a virtual experience of you wearing your desired eyewear and shows you the exact look and feel of the product, they will probably not believe you. Lenskart uses AI through camera and filters to create a virtual image of a person that tries out eyewear of his choice. This way, the user experiences the product before buying it.
5) Recommendation & predictions: Last but not the least, AI also predicts and recommends the best content through analyzing the trends and behavior of the consumers. With the help of data analysis, the AI knows which user is likely to stay and convert and which one is not interested in buying. AI-based digital marketing then provides this information to the business owners so that they can make the best call. Predicting this data manually through research can cost the company a fortune and consume a lot of time while AI does it with ease.
The world is moving towards advanced technologies, so is AI with its innovation. In the end, we would like to say if Digital Marketing is a part of your business, then making use of AI is a must-have in your strategy. Make your data accurate, and strategy infallible with the power of AI.