Changing a career at some point, especially in the later years of your career is highly challenging and involves great risks and uncertainty. If you want to change your career, learn more information from the LHH gulf.
In this article, we will be discussing the ways that act to ease the Difficulty that might pour in with your change in career at a certain age.
The Question: Why Do People Change Careers??
There are reasons galore why people opt for a change in their careers. According to a statistical study, it was revealed that:
- About 47% of the people change careers for better pay.
- 39% of the people find the existing job highly stressful and that it leaves no other choice than to change it and move to a new career.
- About 33% of the people opt for changing Careers because they want to be successful.
- Around 25% of the respondents change their careers in order to find new challenges in their professional careers.
Benefits Of Career Change
There are many benefits of changing careers at some stage of life.
- Firstly, you will be able to gain new knowledge and expertise, and learning new is always good for you.
- Secondly, new knowledge and experience mean new challenges in life that will be motivational for sure.
- Change in career denotes, you are going to learn new things with a wider range of people and this will create a new friend circle.
- It is inferred from a survey that 77% of the respondents expressed their satisfaction after opting to change careers.
- Around 75% of the respondents felt they are happier than before and around 69% feel that they got their desires fulfilled.
- Around 65% of the respondents said that they became less stressed.
Therefore the facts and stats completely debunk the theory that Changing careers is not beneficial and is brimmed with risk and uncertainty.
Guide To Changing Career At Any Stage Of Life
If you have finally decided upon changing the very job and entering a completely new Career, you will have to follow certain rules and guidelines. These guidelines are extremely beneficial and will act as a shock absorber to what might come at the cost of the change.
Make A Personal Inventory
Start a journal. Firstly you ventilate your feelings about what you experience in your present job. Try to make certain main headings like what are the elements that raise discontentment in you. Also, ask about the values and demands. Research regarding the requisites to achieve success in the newly chosen job.
In order to be more informed about your career, you need a lot of brainstorming regarding your interests. You need to make sure the industry that you are choosing—you could be a good fit in it.
That you could be a valuable addition…you will have to be certain regarding it. Sometimes people, with their ingrained inquisitiveness, continuously entangle them.
Simply put forth, they find a problem in dividing. In that case, they need to consult some career Counselling where the individual would like to know your personality.
It needs to be highlighted that when you have decided upon changing the present job….you will need to prepare resources like a resume, cover letter as well as social profiles to create a personal brand.
This ensures that you have already taken the first baby step in life.
Try It Out
Identify volunteers of freelance activities closely related to your target fields so that you try to reach nearer to your experience.
This act provides you with personal experience for the task.
Upgrade Your Skills
You need to upgrade your skills continuously so that it arms you in a better way to be prepared for a completely new task. Remember Training and Development is highly needed for excelling in any field; old and new. Other than these you could also consider alternative roles that are close to your new career.
So, To End…
Career change is definitely a new endeavor and it will surely bring great challenges. But at the same time, it might come with a completely new opportunity. You just need to be brave enough to bring in the change within you. Everything will be sorted out.