Establishing communication with humans and prescribing them medications and exercises on their medical diagnosis outcome is easy and unchallenging. While establishing communication with animals and understanding their ailments is quite challenging and requires dedication, empathy, experience, and passion. The reason behind such a complex problem is that the languages of animals are alien to us. They are unable to make us understand their illness and its symptoms. Understanding their ailments, treat them, and keep disease at bay requires hands-on experience. Thus, considering the school of veterinary medicine in mind before getting admission in it is crucial.
Pet ownership in today’s world
As we know, the bond between animals and humans is the purest and strongest of all. If animals show loyalty and gratitude towards humans, the onus is on humans to better their lives with love, care, and attention. The American Pet Products Association (APPA) performed the National Pet Owners Survey for 2019-2020. It has been found in the survey that 67 per cent of people in the United States owns pet at their homes. Subsequently, the number of people has increased who pay regular visits to veterinarians for their pets’ regular check-ups. Today, pet owners have understood that animals have sufferings that are no less than humans.
This presents a golden opportunity for students who aspire to become a veterinarian. The growing competition has created a need to gain expertise in the field from the best vet schools for deep understanding. Additionally, aspiring vet students need to look for few things the top veterinary schools have in common. Today, we will familiarize you with few features that top vet schools offer through our blog.
Things the Top Veterinary Schools have in common
- Recognition: Most of the top vet schools are accredited by the American Association of Veterinary Medical Association. These schools have also achieved listing with the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA).
- Pass rates: Students in these top-ranked vet schools are trained extensively for licensing examinations. Apart from this, these universities record a 92% pass rate on the North American Veterinary Licensing Examination (NAVLE) in the previous three consecutive years.
- Licensing: Aspirants will also find that the Ministry of Health Services and Agriculture has permitted a full charter to a few prestigious vet schools on the Cayman Islands.
- Faculty: These veterinary schools have seasoned tutors with experience of many years in the area. The tutors also possess leadership qualities and are committed to providing high-quality education to students.
- Class Size: The number of students under each faculty in top vet schools is generally less. It means a student get more attention and support from faculties. Usually, the number of students in each class is limited to 20.
If you are planning to get into a vet school, first go through all the features mentioned in this blog. Make a well-informed decision for a better experience and bright career in the veterinary field. Go through the features and apply to the program today!