Table of Contents
You want your website to be the go-to hub for all medical information. You need a website to promote your practice and lead your customers to your local clinic if you’re a medical practitioner. For a medical eCommerce site, you want your products to get noticed, to be the answer to your client’s health issues. You can enjoy all these and so much more with the right medical SEO strategy.
Top 4 Medical SEO Strategies to Promote Your Website
The healthcare industry is highly competitive. Therefore, your website must communicate to healthcare consumers and lead them through their buying journey. Your site must also engage your clients to keep them confident in the healthcare system.
As reported by Digital Authority Partners, medical practitioners and marketers for medical companies must start investing in medical SEO. With the right strategy in place, you can expect better, higher search engine rankings and better visibility in the industry. Let’s focus on the top 4 medical SEO techniques.
Always Start with Deep Medical Keyword Research
Keywords drive searches. Your clients use specific keywords or key phrases to find what they need online. They don’t just use general keywords such as “doctor,” “pediatrician,” or “cosmetic surgery” to find you. Most people prefer to use a more natural way to search, just like talking to a mobile assistant.
To command Alexa, Amazon’s powerful AI tool, you say things like “Find the nearest dermatologist” and not just “dermatologist.” You would also say “How to get rid of rash” instead of saying “skin rash.” Considering the method of these searches, you’d understand that generalized terms won’t cut it. Instead, investing in long-tail keywords can get you more targeted results.
Thorough keyword research uses the following tactics:
- Use free online tools like Google Keyword Planner or Google Search Trends Tool to find high-value medical keywords.
- Consider your users’ search intent as your audience’s reason for searching for your business.
- Study your medical niche and create relevant topics.
- Organize your seed keywords. These are short-tail keywords from which you can grow your long-tail, targeted keywords. From “cosmetic surgeon” to “How much do cosmetic surgeons charge?” or “Where is the nearest cosmetic surgery clinic?”
- Conduct keyword research regularly. Keyword research is continuous to ensure your website is targeting the right audience.
Improve Your On-Page SEO
According to a 2021 Statista study on the leading SEO factors that drive search rankings worldwide, marketers consider on-page elements as the top strategy at 32.8%. On-page SEO focuses on your on-site features such as your content, meta tags, URL, internal links, website appearance, loading times, etc. On-page is everything you can control and improve as opposed to off-page SEO, which are factors that are beyond your control.
An optimized website helps your clients understand your content and thus can lead to better conversion. Meanwhile, optimizing your website’s on-page element helps search engines better understand your site. Consider these on-page SEO strategies for your medical website.
- Start with an SEO site audit. Use free tools like Google’s Website SEO Checker tool to learn your on-page SEO performance, architecture, and areas of improvement.
- Update your meta descriptions, web page titles, URLs, and on-page descriptions.
- Improve page loading times. A 0 to 4-second loading time improves conversion rates.
- Update your contact details and add this to every page to increase conversion.
- Overhaul your content. Use your keywords adequately and never keyword stuff. Observe proper keyword placement and density.
- Observe proper content formatting and readability.
- Use different kinds of content to engage your customers better. Consider videos, infographics, images, instructional content, podcasts, etc.
- Use short and descriptive website URLs.
Enhance Your Off-Page SEO
Your off-page SEO activities also promote your website and help it rank better in SERPs. Off-page SEO covers your backlinks, social media marketing, forum posting, guest post content, and local listings.
Off-page SEO promotes website visibility and recognition. These strategies build domain authority, so your website ranks higher than your competitors. Search engines can identify your website’s importance with the right off-page approach—a few of the best ways to promote off-page SEO.
- Build backlinks as search engines utilize backlinks to rank websites higher.
- Engage in guest posting.
- Use podcasts to talk about the latest in your field. Invite esteemed guests.
- Use video marketing strategies. Promote your website through your video channels.
- Get listed on medical directories online. Depending on the scope of your medical practice, your website must be on top directory sites like Vitals, Zocdoc, WebMD, Doctorfiner, and RateMDs.
- Start a blog and regularly update it.
Focus on Google My Business for Local SEO
Your GMB profile is a free listing for your business on Google Search and Maps. Your profile shows your business type and a short description of your business. Optimizing your GMB profile starts by claiming the business. Then, once Google has established you’re the company’s owner, you can optimize your listing to your preference.
GMB is connected to Maps to help your customers find your business. Maps will provide the best route to take to get to your business on time and during the busy times in your area. Optimizing your GMB profile is a sure-fire way to lead your clients to your local clinic. Consider these strategies.
- Update your GMB profile regularly. Don’t forget to include holiday business hours, accessibility options, and links to your website and social media accounts.
- Add updated photos of your clinic or office.
- Manage customer reviews.
- Create an engaging description. There’s a 170-character limit to the GMB description, so ensure to use it all!
- Create separate GMB profiles for different clinics or office locations.
- Ensure your GMB information matches all information found on your website, blog sites, social media sites, and directory listings.
The right medical SEO strategies will establish your business or practice as the authority in your healthcare field. Never underestimate SEO as a potent site ranking tool. An optimized website brings more site traffic and more clients to your medical clinic or office.