MOT TEST EXPLAINED
The MOT test stands for the Military of transport is a simple test. This is an annual MOT testing service of vehicle safety. It does not apply only to the highways, but it also includes other places for public use. This test was introduced in 1960 under the direction of the Minister of Transport. It was just a basic test, which includes brakes, lights, steering checks, which must be carried out after the vehicle is ten years old, and every year after that. This became known as a ‘’ten-year test”. A fee is also applicable to the test.
KEY FACTS ABOUT THE MOT TEST
- Once a car is three years old, it must be tested each year to check its brakes and other parts for safety.
- MOT reading test is carried out around 21,000 authorized test centers around the city.
- This test does not cover the readings of the engine, clutch, and Gear Box.
An average test reading takes between 45 to 60 minutes. But there are also some things which are the following:
- If your vehicle fails the test, then repair needs to be made which can take a long time.
- The MOT test center does not allow to drive away a car that has failed a test until the problems are fixed.
- Usually, this test can take an hour or less.
- MOT test centers can require you to drop your vehicle off first thing in the morning and collect it when it gets ready.
- This means you should know that you will have to spend one day without a vehicle.
REASONS FOR CAR FAILING THE MOT TEST
Here are some reasons why a car fails MOT test and how to avoid failing in test:
- Screenwash is not topped out. This task can take minutes.
- If the car is dirty and clutter. Clear the mess from the boot and cabin and give the windows a quick wipe.
- A registration plate problem can occur.
- Stickers on the windscreen blocking the driver’s view. So, it can also be the reason for MOT testing service failure.
So, if your car has a dangerous fault, you will not be able to drive it anyway. On the other hand, if your vehicle has a significant issue, you may be able to drive, only if the roads are right. If your test has run out and the car is roadworthy, you may be able to drive it with the faults fixed. If you drive a vehicle without an MOT test or drive a car dangerously, you can be fined which is not good because you’ll lose money. Before doing the test, you should check all the damage to the car. Make sure to fix the damages before you go for a vehicle test. It will allow you to clear the test quickly and you’ll save time as well.
IF YOUR’S TEST IS EXPIRED
If your test is expired and you are still driving the car on the road, then this is illegal. To avoid fines and punishment the mot-center.com offers classes 1, 2, 4, and 7 mots. So save yourself from trouble and get your test now.