Which Documents are required for India Visa?
The India Visa requirements are crucial to obtain the necessary authorization in order to enter India. You must have your relevant documents if you are going to fill the Indian Visa Online form. Some of the most crucial documents include:
- A valid passport
- An email address
- A debit or credit card
Firstly, you must check the validity of your passport. It is essential to keep in mind that the validity of the Visa you are issued is decided at the discretion of the Consulate. Moreover, the passport must be valid for at least six months on India’s expected date of arrival. Always check your passport validity before applying.
In many cases, the Consulate issues a visa with a validity that is the same as or is near the expiration date of your passport. So, keep this in mind while selecting the validity of the Visa you are requesting.
It is also essential for you to verify your email address because an Indian visa has been processed or approved. It will be sent directly to the email address given on the application. If you are eligible for Visa and are granted one, you must have a copy of the approved Indian eVisa.
You must have to provide your original signed passport, including one copy of your passport’s information page. However, your passport must:
- Be valid for six months beyond the validity of requested Visa
- Your passport must contain two blank visa pages for visa stamp
- Your passport not be frayed, torn, separating, or altered in any other way
Two colored passport-type photographs are required to meets the following criteria:
- Be taken within the last three months
- The photographs must be printed on high-quality paper
- Be taken against an all-white background
- Be two inches by two inches
- The photo must provide the full-frontal view of your head with your face
- The photograph must have natural or non-smiling
- The pictures should not be affixed to your application
- Glasses cannot be worn in photographs
Personal information requirements
In order to obtain the e-Visa for India successfully, there is a need to provide several details on the application form. Keep in consideration that India Visa Application cannot be submitted unless you fill in your:
- Full name as appeared on the passport
- Date and place of birth
- Address and contact information
- Passport details
After completing the application form for e-Visa to India, there is some information that is also expected to be provided. All the applicants will need to answer:
- Marital status
- Profession or occupation
- Educational qualification
- Expected port of entry
- Details of stay
However, some personal information requirements include a need to answer a series of security questions.
Applicants under the age of 18
If you are traveling with a child or children under the age of 18, there is a need to provide the following additional documents:
- Photocopies of both parents’ driver’s licenses
- Copy of the information pages of parent’s passports
- A copy of the particulars Form that must be signed by both parents
- A photocopy of the minor’s birth certificate
- The birth certificate must be translated into English that shows parents’ names, the minor’s date of birth, and nationality.