At the time of writing this article (09.06.2020.), Croatia has 15 active cases of COVID-19 patients, with no new recorded cases in the last 4 days. With a total of 2.247 cases and 104 deaths during the entire epidemic up until now. Croatia is on the list of countries that are considered the safest destinations for traveling in Europe after the pandemic.
Due to these favorable circumstances, the Croatian government continues to ease restrictions within the country. While further relaxation of existing restrictions is expected during the upcoming weeks. Even though many countries still have travel restrictions or mandatory quarantines in place. The situation is slowly starting to return to normal (or at least, the new post-pandemic normal). It has encouraged many people to start thinking about their summer holidays in Croatia again. In this article, we will give you updates regarding traveling to Croatia in 2020 and recommendations for safe travels.
Recommendations for Safe Travels:
- Starting from May 9th, quarantine and self-isolation are no longer imposed on any foreign travelers entering the Republic of Croatia. It can only impose on individual travelers. During border checks in case, it is determined that they have been in contact with a person infected with COVID-19.
- Croatia has opened the borders for foreign travelers since the end of May. However; travel requirements may vary depending on the country of origin
- At the moment Croatian borders are open without any additional requirements for travelers from the following countries. Czech Republic, Hungary, Republic of Austria, Republic of Estonia, Republic of Latvia, Republic of Lithuania, Republic of Poland, Republic of Slovenia, Federal Republic of Germany, and the Slovak Republic. It means that travelers from these countries will be able to enter under the same conditions as before the outbreak of COVID-19. But will still be subject to epidemiological control and have the obligation to comply with recommendations of the Croatian Institute of Public Health.
- Travelers from other countries must provide a valid reason for visiting the country (business, economic, touristic, or personal reason). For a touristic visit, it is necessary to present the confirmation of accommodation booking in an accommodation establishment in Croatia (a voucher from a travel agency, camp lease contract, permanent berth contract, etc.).
- Any travelers or citizens that are allowed entry or return to Croatia at this time are required to follow the recommendations of the Croatian Institute of Public Health. Travelers crossing the borders will give a leaflet with guidelines and instructions on safety measures for preventing the spread of COVID-19.
Some more Recommendations:
- Croatian Ministry of Tourism has launched a new online web form called EnterCroatia available on the following link: https://entercroatia.mup.hr which allows visitors to enter all the necessary information prior to traveling to Croatia and speed up border crossing. All visitors who fill out the online form will receive email instructions. They will include epidemiological guidelines and information that are currently in place.
- With the epidemic at its end, airlines are updating their flight schedules and reopening flights to Croatia on a daily basis. At the moment, direct flights to Croatia have opened from Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, Dusseldorf, Zurich, and Prague. Also; it has expected that other destinations will also add to the list throughout June.
- Cafes, restaurants, and supermarkets have already reopened and work regularly. They are complying with the latest guidelines of the Institute of Public Health
- National parks have also reopened for the public and allow visitors (with a limited number of visitors allowed in the park at the same time in order to prevent crowds and allow social distancing)
- Taxis and transfer services are also functioning, complying with the instructions of the Institute of Public Health. If you are landing at the biggest Croatian airport “Franjo Tudjman” in Zagreb it is best to book your transfer from Zagreb international airport in advance.”
As it has been mentioned before, that restrictions and safety measures have been lifted regularly, according to the epidemiologic situation. No one can say for certain when will everything return to normal. Also; when will we be able to travel the way we used to before the pandemic. However, that does not mean that your holidays in Croatia this year cannot relax and unforgettable. You can still enjoy all the natural attractions, landmarks, and tourist activities. While respecting the necessary measures recommended by the health experts. This is where we step in – Eos Croatia travel agency will help you plan your next trip to Croatia. During these unprecedented times, from choosing the perfect accommodation to organizing trips and activities during your stay.