Monday, February 26, 2024
HomeFeatureTemporary travel to Australia

Temporary travel to Australia

At Visado Migration Services, you will find 100% trained agents who will guide you and help you gather the necessary documents to apply for your Temporary Graduate Visa or Temporary Activity Visa, so that you can comfortably apply and Temporary travel to Australia on a temporary basis.

These visas allow students to study, work and live in Australia on a temporary basis and once the course has been completed, students can automatically apply for the Temporary Graduate Visa subclass 485 as the main applicant, only once.

On the other hand, the Temporary Activity Visa subclass 408 allows for temporary travel to Australia for certain types of short-term, temporary work.

Temporary Graduate Visa

The Temporary Graduate Visa is granted to individuals who have the opportunity to work in Australia for a period of time ranging from one and a half to four years, depending on the level of study completed in Australia.

The most striking aspect of this visa is that the applicant’s family members may accompany him/her on the trip, specifically the spouse and children, if they remain dependents. The approximate cost of this visa is approximately 1535 $AUD.

Requirements to obtain your Temporary Graduate Visa

In order for a person to apply for this visa, he/she must meet the following requirements:

  • Be less than 50 years of age.
  • Possess the required level of study.
  • Have the required level of English, according to the official tests (TOEFL, PTE, IELTS).
  • Apply for a visa six months after completing your studies.
  • To have medical insurance in Australia.

Since the Australian borders are currently closed to foreign students. One way is to start your studies online outside the country, and as soon as the borders open, continue them in person with the student visa and apply for the Temporary Graduate Visa once you finish your studies.

There are 2 types of temporary visas for graduates and they depend on the type of studies in Australia:

Graduate Work stream: with this visa, you must complete two years of studies in one of the CRICOS degrees, which are qualified to practice the most demanded professions in Australia.

Post-Study Work stream: this visa is the most commonly used option, for which you must complete two years of undergraduate, master’s, postgraduate or doctoral study in Australia.

It should be noted that we will also let you know some of the requirements you will need to study in Australia, since six months before applying for the visa, you must meet them in order to be able to study in that country. You will be able to obtain the visa if you have at least a diploma, degree or training in commerce, in addition to the following:

  • The course is recognized by CRICOS.
  • Your all course requirements have been completed successfully.
  • The studies have been conducted in the English language.
  • The duration of the course has been at least two school years (92 weeks of study).
  • The physical stay in Australia has been for at least 16 months to complete the training.
  • You have had a student visa that allowed you to study in Australia.

A way to complete the two years of classroom study in Australia, in some cases it can be combined with several courses.

Temporary Activity Visa

The Temporary Activity Visa allows professionals to access Australia on a temporary basis so that they can observe or participate in a research project in that country.

This visa is only valid for the duration of the training or research activity or project, and for a maximum of two years. It allows the visitor to enter and leave Australia on several occasions while the visa is valid, to carry out the activity specified in the visa application, and to bring eligible secondary accompanying persons.

The most striking aspect of this visa is that it does not require the payment of the Skilling Australia Fund, and it also has another advantage: this visa has ten different options to choose from, which include:

  • Special programs
  • Domestic work for executives
  • Religious work
  • Events supported by the Australian government
  • Research activities
  • Change Arrangements
  • Invited to another social and cultural activity
  • Superyacht crew
  • Entertainment activities
  • Sports activities

What does the Temporary Activity Visa allow me to do?

This visa allows the applicant to stay in Australia for a period of time that corresponds to the activities for which the visa was approved. For example, the maximum permitted periods of stay include:

  • Type of guest participant activity (up to 3 months)
  • Type of event activity supported by the Australian government (up to 4 years)
  • Any other activity (up to 2 years)

Additionally, with this visa you can also perform the work or activity specified in the application; bring eligible family members to accompany you on the trip, as well as enter and leave Australian territory as many times as you wish while the visa is valid.

On the other hand, while working, this visa also allows you to: participate in invitational activities of Australian organizations; work in the entertainment industry; observe and participate in an Australian project; work in a qualified position, under personal exchange or agreement; do full-time religious work; participate in events supported by the Australian government; perform full-time domestic work in the home of senior international executives; among others.

Eligibility Criteria for Temporary Activity Visas

Among the criteria to be eligible for this type of visa will be necessary:

  • Have skills to undertake the activity to be performed in Australia.
  • To have sponsorship or support.
  • Comply with the GTE requirement.
  • Provide evidence of functional English language skills to conduct training.
  • Provide proof that you can financially support yourself and your family members.
  • Comply with health requirements.
  • Meet certain character requirements.
  • Have no outstanding debts with the Australian government.
Abubakar is a writer and digital marketing expert. Who has founded multiple blogs and successful businesses in the fields of digital marketing, software development. A full-service digital media agency that partners with clients to boost their business outcomes.