Table of Contents
Everyone is looking for a permanent solution to get rid of unwanted hair in recent years. Even men or women, looking for a safe treatment to remove unwanted hair from the areas like face, under-arm, chest, upper thighs, legs or other areas. Laser hair removal treatment aims to treat hair growth to prevent it from returning in those areas of the body where you don’t want to see hair growth. That is why it is sometimes called Permanent hair removal treatment. Laser hair removal Fredericton can guide you about the procedure, advantages and disadvantages.
Things to know before laser hair removal
- Before performing laser therapy, there is a consultancy with the expert, where the dermatologist agrees with the patient on the areas that will be subject to treatment, according to the type of skin color, hair color and thickness, in addition to the requirement of the person himself.
- The expert makes sure that there are no medical or other reasons to prevent the person from undergoing laser treatment, such as taking some medications or any previous problem with the laser treatment.
- Sometimes, the expert instructs the client to do blood tests before taking laser hair removal treatment, check the levels of hormones in the blood (estrogen, testosterone and thyroid performance), to make sure that the excess hair is not due to a rise in the levels of these hormones.
- Before performing the laser hair removal treatment, it is necessary to inform the treated person not to use other hair removal methods such as plucking, waxing, thread or electrical devices at least 48 hours before from the laser hair removal treatment.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding then laser hair removal is not suitable for you in these situations, in this condition waxing hair removal Fredericton recommends other hair removal method which is safe for you and your baby.
- Inform your beautician, if you have hypersensitivity to hydroquinone or other bleaching agents
- You must inform your beautician if you have any history of keloid scarring, herpes simplex in the treatment area so that your consultant can decide if the laser hair removal treatment is suitable for you or not.
- Twenty-four hours before the session shave the treatment area, don’t apply any cosmetics products like creams, makeup or lotions and stop using any other products (organic or chemical) that might irritate your skin at least three days before. When going for treatment remove all jewelry from the area which is going to be treated
Laser hair removal session
- The skin of the area to be treated is applied with local anesthesia, especially in sensitive areas such as upper thigh, armpits, face, chest and back. This helps lasers penetrate deeper layers of the skin.
- The technician pass the laser device to the surface of the skin in the area going to be treated. The laser beam affects the skin usually causes some discomfort or pain, even with the use of an Anesthesia Topical.
- The laser beam penetrates the hair cell and strikes the melanin cell. The heat from the laser beam damages the follicles.
- Laser hair removal treatment take 30 minutes, but other session are require to achieve the best result for target area.
- Areas with thick hair may need more treatment sessions.
Laser hair treatment removal Pros
- Fast and practical treatment to get rid of unwanted hair
- Positive results for long term
- It is safe to use as it is not carcinogenic. It does not penetrate the subcutaneous layers and only focuses on the hair follicle and the melanin pigment in it.
Laser hair treatment removal cons
- In some cases, bedsores could be developed
- Skin tone could be change
- Swelling in some area
- Skin Redness
- Persistent itching rare cases.
Most beauty salons near me charged 70$ to 350$ for different laser hair removal services. It advises not to expose to the sun immediately after the sessions of laser hair removal preferably the use of sunscreen. Avoid any kind of makeup or other cosmetic products and only use them after consulting with your technician.