Table of Contents
In the serious business of hair care, less is more. That means combining the right products in the right proportion. For example, are you confused between choosing a hair serum and a growth oil and feel that you can use one and drop the other?
This article will find relevant information that can help you decide what is best for your hair. To take care of your hair, you need to use both products; they perform different tasks.
But do you know the ingredients that are right for your hair?
How well do you know your hair! What suits your hair? Let’s find out.
Hair serum is primarily a post-wash product. Hair serum is a liquid product made of silicone that covers the surface of your hair. Suppose you’re someone whose hair gets tangled up often. With the help of hair serum, you can preserve the humidity of your hair and can get that smooth finish that you always desired. It gives you not just a chic look but protects your hair from harmful effects of sunlight contaminants and other toxic chemicals and heat styling tools. In addition, it reduces fizziness and enhances your curls.
Types of hair serum
There are various types of hair serums available on the market.
The Intense Hair Moisturiser Serum is suitable for people with unmanageable hair.
Hair Growth Serum contains active ingredients that help moisturize your scalp and enhance blood circulation, which in turn protects your hair and scalp.
How to apply hair serum
To get the best results, apply the hair serum on your clean and damp hair. Take 1 to 2 drops of hair serum to the palm of your hand. Apply it to your hair, operating from the ends up to the middle of your strands. Be gentle when applying hair serum.
Haircare experts and some hairstylists do not recommend applying hair serum daily. Instead, use hair serums occasionally and on the days you wash your hair. However, if you struggle with non-manageable hair that gets tangled a lot, then you can use oil-based hair serums every day.
Usage and Advantages
The hair serum makes your hair smooth and shiny. It helps to detangle your mane. Its low pH inhibits swelling and prevents damage. The hair serum also protects your hair from the harmful effects of sun pollution. It helps moisturize dry hair that has sustained colour damage.
Dos and Don’ts
- Wash your hair carefully before applying the hair serum.
- Since the serum has a medium to a thick consistency, take a quantity of pea-sized serum on your palm.
- Start at the bottom of your hair and move to the centre section of your hair.
- Do not apply serum to your scalp to avoid product build-up because it may only make your hair look greasy.
Hair Growth Oil
Hair growth oil restores the nutrients in your hair and begins to boost hair production to strengthen the roots and eliminate rupture. Oiling the hair is applying oil to the hair and massage the scalp for increased moisture.
Oiling your hair helps soften your hair and provide vitamins and minerals that are removed from regular washing. Some hair oils are effective in preventing hair loss, dandruff and irritation of the scalp. In addition, hair oils can contribute to growth by limiting breakage and damage.
Popular hair growth oil:
Coconut oil can assist your hair to grow healthy and thicker. The vitamins and fatty acids of coconut oil help nurture the scalp.
Almond oil that includes biotin can promote hair growth and decrease hair thinning with a regular massage. As a result, your hair gets smoother and easier to style.
Argan oil supports and enhances the hair follicles, and the antioxidants in this oil contribute to cellular production. In addition, Argan oil vitamins encourage healthy skin, which promotes thicker hair.
Benefits of hair growth oil:
- It promotes the growth of hair
- Fights dandruff and dryness of the scalp
- It helps prevent heat and stylistic damages.
- It nourishes your hair and adds shine.
- It’s good for the environment and also decreases exposure to chemicals and other unnatural ingredients.
- Hair growth oil repairs your hair and retains moisture, adding a beautiful, healthy shine. In addition, oils can protect your hair from UV rays and heat, giving you that lustrous shine with manageable hair.
Dos and Don’ts
- Use oil that suits your hair.
- Apply oil to your scalp, then massage your fingers with a circular movement from roots to end.
- Wash your hair thoroughly after oiling.
- Do not keep oil in your hair for too long; you may wash your hair after 3-4 hours of application.
- Those who have normal hair should oil their hair twice a week.
- Follow a routine to apply oil to your scalp.
- If you have greasy hair, then do not use oil as a styling product.
- Do not use any other product right after the application of oil.
Whether it’s hair serum or hair oil, you need to choose what keeps your hair healthy and strong.
Women from different parts of India have different preferences when it comes to selecting hair growth oil. Amla, bhringraj, shikakai, henna, essential oils are infused with oil to address various hair concerns. Like you find your match, you find a hair oil that works for you best.
Standard practices like warming up the oil, using a hot towel to wrap your hair, and washing it off after a few hours will make oil application more effective. In addition, regular trimming, oiling, and following the application of shampoo, conditioner, masque (sometimes), and hair serum will help you get healthy and long hair.