You’ve likely seen them in the pages of your Sky Mall magazine on a flight, electric massagers or when perusing past the local Sharper Image store years ago thinking to yourself “What a cool gadget, but I don’t need it.”
Then one day, it happens. You roll out of bed and suddenly a sharp pain emerges from the depths of your back muscles.
Afterthought sets in and you have the most painful reminder of reverse buyers remorse. Aches and pain affect us all whether you are just an average Joe or a world-class athlete, muscle strain has no biases.
The health benefits of an electric massager have been a known secret for years for those who seek or provide treatment for pain management. Physical therapists, chiropractors, and trainers incorporate the use of massagers as part of their treatment plans to assist in blood and lymphatic flow throughout the body. Used in conjunction with stretching and other forms of physical therapy, it provides a natural form of stress relief. Other health benefits of using electric massagers include:
- Accelerates recovery & muscle repair – Ideal for after working out or intense athletic training when your muscles are being pushed to their limits.
- Relieves muscle spasms and stiffness – For those suffering from chronic pain not necessarily related to physical activity, electric massagers can provide immediate pain relief.
- Breaks up scar tissue – When scarring occurs, it can cause pain from the nerves being damaged. Massage has been shown to be an effective way to reduce scar tissue build-up.
- Improves lactic acid clearance – Lactic acid is a naturally forming substance our bodies produce when there is a lack of oxygen needed to convert glucose (sugar) into energy. When there is an excess buildup of lactic acid when generally occurs after strenuous exercise, it can lead to cramping and muscle aches.
- Activates the nervous system and muscles – The repetitive vibrations work to stimulate the whole soft tissue layer of our bodies.
- Muscle fatigue, pain, tightness, soreness, and knots – Regular use of massagers can significantly reduce if not completely alleviate these ailments.
- Myofascial release (7x more effective than a foam roller) – The consistent and gentle pressure aids in pain relief much easier than using a foam roller.
Worth the Investment electric massagers?
Physical therapy, massage therapy, and chiropractic treatment is definitely a luxury for some. Electric massagers If you suffer from chronic pain no matter what the cause. Having personal access to a pain-relieving tool. It can mean the world of difference in your ability to function without suffering throughout the day. Compared to the soaring costs of prescription medication. Natural alternatives will not only provide the same pain-relieving effects. But also save you from potential side effects caused by manufactured medicines. With our society shifting focus to a more organic, chemical-free, and natural lifestyle. Incorporating massage as a means of treating what physically ails us is most definitely a worthy investment.
If you have now been convinced as to why electric massagers are a must-have. Professional grade massagers developed for consumer use are a wise investment as they will stand the test of time. Even for those who do not have a need for pain relief, the overall benefits to massage to boost. Our general health is enough to warrant the need to incorporate it into our daily lives. By investing in an electric massager, you now have the ability to treat yourself at your convenience. Whether you are dealing with pain management or stress-related tension. And quite honestly, who doesn’t love a great massage whenever you want one? Electric massagers are the ultimate go-to pain management tool we didn’t know we truly need.