Mobile phones are loved by consumers all over the planet. It is considered as the first screen to which people look at every morning. Businesses who are looking to get into the mobile web revolution must go ahead with mobile app development. As per a recent study, mobile app sales are expected to rise by $189bn in 2020. In order to stand out from the crowd, very creative and responsive mobile app development architecture is required to be designed by brands. Apple has taken the mobile payment space by storm after launching the touch ID as a layer of security. Thus building an iOS mobile application is very tough.
Here are the Do’s & Don’ts of iPhone application development for businesses.
- The cell phones are commonly not the same as a traditional PC or work area so it’s basic that the versatile engineers don’t attempt to just port a current work area application over to portable. The cell phones shift fit as a fiddle, size just as has diverse information system so the application ought to be created remembering the cell phones which gives client the necessary data genuine quick – regardless of what advanced mobile phone model a client has, he ought to have the option to use all the highlights and get a good encounter.
- Augmented reality is one of the most compelling features of iOS and users are more inclined towards apps that use AR. There are great opportunities to apply AR to vertical markets and therefore brands must utilize this feature very effectively.
- To build a user interface in the iPhone app a combination of Storyboards, NIBs and code should be used.
- Apple’s core ML helps to add machine learning to any application. This feature increases the ability to quickly recognise every-day objects, using built-in libraries thus making it a success for app development.
- In order to improve the performance of the iOS app, businesses need to use lazy loading.
- Developers need to ensure that their apps are 64-bit to survive in the iPhone app store. Businesses need to keep their applications up-to-date and compatible with major iOS releases in order to add new features and keep the users engaged.
- Auto Layout and NSFormatter are very important to be implemented in the app as they make the localization process less challenging.
- The UI design is the most focused front by Apple and its users expect the same high standard in their apps. iPhone application development services offered by Apple provides a complete guide on how to format any app to make it readable and optimised for touch control.
- In order to compete with rivals businesses should introduce new features rather than updating the entire application. Though customers like new things at times their reaction to changes is very damaging for apps. That’s what Facebook, Twitter or Instagram does.
- Businesses should define the purpose of developing iPhone applications. Many mobile phone app development companies help to build apps that offer prompt customer service, discounts and get customers to give reviews as a part of building loyal customers & improving app ranking.
- While many apps offer similar features to customers, brands should ensure to provide personalization. iPhone application development services allow businesses to build features that can remember what the user was most interested in the past visit and customize their experience for the next visit.
- Many apps take away the power of control from the user which downgrades the user experience to a great extent. If a customer wants push notifications, brands should provide an option that enables or disables the features at their will. Otherwise, the user shall delete the app.
- App developers must make sure not to push too many elements in the mobile app. It makes the app complex and cumbersome. Most people don’t prefer apps that contain too much information.
- While developing apps one should not ignore analytics. They play an important role in providing information about user behaviour. user engagement, retention rate, number of active users.
- An app is designed to generate sales and directly connect with the customer. It adds value to a user. Therefore brands should not make it similar to their website. As websites are more informational and mobile applications are operational.
- A poorly tested app can be a failure. Therefore businesses are required to test the performance of the application before its commercial launch.
- Businesses should ensure that their apps do not offer complicated sign-up. This is very troublesome and often frustrates the user. Apps need to have only the necessary elements with which users interact. Likewise, users should not be kept waiting for content on the application as it dampens their experience and as a result, the app is uninstalled.
- Try not to duplicate
It’s always advisable to take inspiration but not copy as such. It decreases the trust of user and also deteriorates the credibility of the brand. Duplicating things also leads to piracy issues.
- Remember about security
Security is one of the most significant things in an application that the client will look before downloading it. The straightforwardness with which the cell phones are lost or taken makes security and administration much progressively basic while building up a versatile application either for business reasons or for a general end client.
Since smartphones are people’s best friend, assistant, a part of their life, therefore, apps need to reflect that kind of mindset. Brands should focus on personalization, artificial intelligence, and augmented reality to achieve their desired goals through apps. For every successful brand story, a detailed guideline containing the do’s and dont’s is designed for application development. The above-mentioned list can be used effectively by businesses to start their journey of designing the next popular app.
In this century apps are a phenomenon which has made it irresistible for people to not buy a mobile phone. Apps are the solution to the most significant problem of mankind that is the lack of efficiency.