Table of Contents
ACM Awards 2020
The ACM Awards 2020 broadcasted live on television on September 16, Wednesday night. The event was hosted by Keith Urban from Grand Ole Opry House with no audience present there because of the Coronavirus pandemic, but still, the show was amazing and spiritual.
Performers of the show
The performers were the following:
- Carrie Underwood
- Taylor Swift
- Luke Bryan
- Eric Church
- Tim McGraw
- Luke Combs
The top ACM prize, entertainer of the year seemed a surprise for the audience.It was a tie between Thomas Rhett and Carrie Underwood. Both the stars were equally thrilled during the speeches instead of sharing the award. Underwood has also won the award in 2009 and 2010 as well.
Entertainer of the Year
Winner: Thomas Rhett
Winner: Carrie Underwood (It was a tie)
Female Artist of the Year
Male Artist of the Year
Winner: Luke Combs
Duo of the Year
Winner: Dan &Shay
Brooks & Dunn
Florida Georgia Line
Maddie & Tae
Group of the Year
Winer: Old Dominion
Little Big Town
New Female Artist of the Year
Winner: Tenille Townes m
New Male Artist of the Year
Winner: Riley Green
Album of the Year
- Winner: What You See Is What You Get by the Luke
- ”Center Point Road” Thomas Rhett
- “Girl” Maren Morris
- ”Heartache Medication” Jon Pardi
- ”Wildcard” Miranda Lambert
Single of the Year
- Winner: God’s Country” Blake Shelton
- ”One Man Band” Old Dominion
- “Rainbow” Kacey Musgraves
- “Rumor” Lee Brice
- “What If I Never Get Over You” feat gorgeous Lady A
Song of the Year
- Winner: One Man Band” feat the best Trevor Rosen and many others
- “God’s Country” Blake Shelton by Devin Dawson, Michael Hardy, Jordan Schmidt)
- ”10,000 Hours” Dan + Shay feat. Justin Bieber by Dan Smyers, Shay Mooney, Justin Bieber, Jason •“Poo Bear” Boyd, Jessie Jo Dillon, Jordan Reynolds)
- “Girl Goin’ Nowhere” Ashley McBryde by McBryde and Jeremy Bussey)
- ”Some Of It” feat Church, Clint Daniels, Jeff Hyde, Bobby Pinson)
Albums of the Year
- Winner: Remember You Young” feat, Thomas
- ”God’s Country” feat Blake Shelton
- ”One Man Band” feat Old Dominion
- “10,000 Hours” Dan + Shay by Justin Bieber
- Remember You Young” Thomas Rhett by the winner
- “Sugar Coat” feat Little Big Town
Music Event of the Year
- Winner: Townes, Caylee Hammack, and Elle King
- ”10,000 Hours” Dan + Shay by Justin Bieber
- ”Dive Bar” Garth Brooks by Blake Shelton
- ”Fooled Around and Fell in Love” by Miranda Lambert and others
- “Old Town Road” Lil Nas X by Billy Ray Cyrus
- What Happens in a Small Town” feat Lindsay Ell
Best Moments of the Show
Miranda Lambert singing ‘Bluebird’ at the Bluebird
BlueBird is one of the must-visit cafés. It is a 90-seat venue where singers and songwriters sitting in a circle sing songs and tell the behind the song stories and play them. Due to the recent pandemic, the owner featured the venue on a national stage. Lambert played her recent No. 1 song by the accompanied by other songwriters Luke Dick and Natalie Hemby and also nominated as part of the Highwomen.
Kaise Brown’s ‘Worldwide Beautiful’
Brown got around all of the social distancing requirements at the Opry by having an amazing setup. . He performed the song “Worldwide Beautiful,” and the song released this year around the country.. hite.
Taylor Swift’s cameo
Swift performed her song “Betty” from her new album “Folklore”) on the country radio.The superstar sang the song at the Opry. It was one of the sizzling and acoustic performances of the night, as the song was about a teenage love triangle.
Mickey Guyton’s historic performance
Guyton was the first Black woman who performed her own music at the ACM Awards till 2020. In his, The host Keith Urban accompanied Guyton on the piano on the stage of the Opry.
Mickey Guyton and Keith Urban perform “What Are You Gonna Tell Her?” at the ACM Awards. (Mark Humphrey/AP)
Luke Combs’s ‘Better Together’
Combs wasn’t succeeded in releasing a song that goesNo. 1 but he gave his audience and fans a number of hits and he performed one of his best songs “When It Rains It Pours” during the medley with the other entertainers of the year. His main performance at the Bluebird was “Better Together,” which was an acoustic and satisfying track about his wife, Nicole.
Morgan Wallen’s ‘Whiskey Glasses’
After two years after the release of Morgan Wallen’s smash song “Whiskey Glasses” is still catchy which he performed on the show.
Carrie Underwood’s medley
Usually, a good medley involves more than one performer but it was not possible due to the pandemic. Underwood performed on the stage along with his other members that include Patsy Cline’s “Crazy,” Loretta Lynn’s “You Ain’t Woman Enough (To Take My Man) and many others as well.
Worst Moments of the Show
No equality of genders
The imbalance of the male and female was shown at the event again this time. From 13 trophies, female artists and performers received four, and only two were given love a good medley of legendary artists including Underwood and Morris. The male performers won five categories in a row: duo (Dan + Shay), group (Old Dominion), song (Old Dominion), single (Blake Shelton), an album (Luke Combs). Maren Morris accepts the female artist of the year award during the ACMs.
Missing of funny moments
During the current pandemic, it is not possible to arrange an event but ACMs succeeded in doing so. But the audience missed the comedy and funny moments in the show.
The tie wasn’t good enough
No doubt, Underwood and Rhett are professional celebrities but the tie wasn’t good enough. It shocked the viewers of the show as it was one of the prestigious awards of the show. It was the strange point of the show.